|HomeClub EventsHistoryGeneral InfoForumsLogin/Register
In January 1935, four photography enthusiasts decided to form a movie camera club. They called it The Amateur Movie Club of Norristown. During an April meeting, they discussed the new color film, "Kodachrome." Women were admitted in 1938, and the first 16mm sound movies were shown. As 35mm photography increased in popularity, the club began to focus on print and slide events and education.
In 1952, to reflect changes taking place, the club renamed itself to the Norristown Camera Club. Shortly thereafter, in response to increased population into suburbs and a need for a more accessible and modern building, it relocated to Lansdale. In 2002, the club appropriately renamed itself to the Lansdale Camera Club.
Today, the club continues to grow and adapt. Events focus on many types of photography, including slides, color/black-and-white prints and digital technology. The club's biggest accomplishment recently was to win 1st prize in slides and 2nd prize in trade-processed prints at the Ray O'Day competition - a competition among camera clubs in the Delaware Valley.
The Lansdale Camera Club continues to foster a club atmosphere that meets the needs and varied interests of its members.